[Rd] R CMD check tells me 'no visible binding for globalvariable ', what does it mean?

William Dunlap wdunlap at tibco.com
Mon Apr 12 19:27:06 CEST 2010

Or we could come up with a scheme to telling the usage checking functions
in codetools that some some or all arguments of certain functions
are evaluated in odd ways so it should not check them.  E.g.,
   irregularUsage(curve, expr)
   irregularUsage(lm, subset, formula) # subset and formula arguments of lm
   irregularUsage(expression, ...) # ... arguments to expression
Perhaps one could add such indications to the NAMESPACE file
or to a new file in a package.  The former is kludgy but the
latter requires changes to the packaging system.

Bill Dunlap
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
wdunlap tibco.com