[Rd] packages with DLLs under 2.12.0

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sat Apr 3 08:46:16 CEST 2010

That may have been true in r51520, but we are at r51566 and that does
work as documented AFAICS.

Note though that this is only a temporary workaround, and it will go
away once repositories are rebuilt for 2.12.0, and simply bulding the
packages from sources would have worked.

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010, Peter Ehlers wrote:

> I realize that R-core must be busy with the imminent release of
> 2.11.0, so please consider this not urgent.

The advice for R-devel is always to try the latest version (preferably
from SVN) and to wait a couple of days and try again if you find a
problem, before reporting.

R-devel is particularly unstable at present as we work on merging the
32- and 64-bit Windows distributions.  Unless you have a very good
reason to use it, we suggest using 2.11.0 alpha etc until 2.11.0 is
released.

> The NEWS file for 2.12.0 (Windows-specific) says, in part:

You mean the CHANGES file?