[Rd] Difference Linux / Windows

Simon Urbanek simon.urbanek at r-project.org
Thu Apr 1 17:37:49 CEST 2010

On Mar 31, 2010, at 18:38 , Seth Falcon wrote:

> On 3/31/10 1:12 PM, Christophe Genolini wrote:
>> Hi the list,
>> I am writing a package that happen to not be compatible with linux
>> because I did not know that the function "savePlot" was available
>> only
>> on windows. Is there a list of "incompatible" function? How can I get
>> this kind of information?
>
> One way is to obtain a copy of the R sources and then grep the Rd
> files for '#ifdef'.
>
> I don't claim this is convenient.

nor sufficient - lot of it is simply in the windows directory (such as
savePlot).
The safest approach right now is simply to read the documentation -
savePlot does tell you that it works only for the Windows device. I'm
not aware of an automated list (save for dumping the function lists
per-package on each platform).

Cheers,
Simon