[Rd] Make a donation via PayPal? (was: [R] Monetary support to the R-project)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 1 13:32:59 CEST 2010

You need to ask the Treasurer of the R Foundation, who is Kurt Hornik
(and who is on vacation).

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010, Liviu Andronic wrote:

> Dear R developers
> I understand that this is not a proper r-devel message, but it still
> touches to the organisation of the R project.

More the R Foundation, a legally separate entity.

> I would like to make a small donation to the project, but I am not
> comfortable with sending my credit card details via post or mail and,
> as echoed elsewhere on r-help, would prefer to go through a generally
> accepted service such as PayPal.

Depends on your country as to whether it is accepted at all, let alone
'generally accepted'.  I've never seen an EU foundation which accepted
it and there used at least to be legalities as to why.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk