[Rd] Package crashes R under Windows Vista

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sat Sep 19 00:33:25 CEST 2009

On 18/09/2009 6:12 PM, cstrato wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please, please I really need your help, since I am not able to solve the
> problem myself:
> It seems that until now most Windows users of my Bioconductor package
> "xps" use Windows XP, but recently a user tried to use it on Windows
> Vista where it crashed R immediately. Since I assume that some users may
> migrate to the upcoming Windows 7 where the problem will be the same, I
> would appreciate any help to be able to support Vista/Windows 7, thank
> you in advance.

You are requiring specific Microsoft tools to compile a package, which
fails on one Microsoft OS, but not another.  Isn't this a question you
should address to Microsoft?

For the record:

We support compiling in the compiler listed in the R-admin manual, which
is available from www.murdoch-sutherland.com/Rtools.  If you choose to
use a different compiler, you should seek support from its supplier.

Duncan Murdoch