[Rd] Display image in tcl/tk information window: path to file ?

Ulrike Groemping groemping at bht-berlin.de
Thu Sep 17 14:09:50 CEST 2009

Dear DevelopeRs,

for an R-Commander plugin, I want to display a pre-stored information image,
if the user presses a button. Everything works fine with the command

tcl("image",  "create", "photo", "MaxC2.image", file="MaxC2res3image.gif")

for image creation, as long as the file entry refers to the correct location
of the file on my hard drive. How can I make this portable ?

I currently have the image stored in the inst directory. "R CMD INSTALL
--build" moves it to the top directory in the zip file. I have no idea how
to tell R (or tcl) where to look for the file. Any help is appreciated!

Best regards,
Ulrike