[Rd] Memory-management crash with UTF-8 on Windows (PR#13955)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Sep 17 10:39:07 CEST 2009

Without the file, we can do nothing with this, so please put it
somewhere accessible.  Also, we need exact reproduction instructions:
how did you tell R this was a UTF-8 file?  If you copy-pasted it, what
did you copy it from?

The posting guide and FAQ did ask you not to report on obsolete
versions of R, so please do test a current version before replying
with details of where the file is.

It would also be helpful to have your exact OS, as the error appears
to be in MSVCRT.dll, an operating system component.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk