[Rd] Missing warning when NAs are generated during coercion to complex (PR#13942)

gmbecker at ucdavis.edu gmbecker at ucdavis.edu
Fri Sep 4 07:50:09 CEST 2009

Hello all,

I ran into this today and just thought you guys should know about it.
Consider the following:

as(c("TRUE", "TRUE"), "complex") #warning about NAs
as(list("TRUE", "TRUE"), "complex") #no warning

At first I thought that it was something about it being a list, but then I
tried

as(list("TRUE", "TRUE"), "integer") #warning about NAs

which suggests that it was an oversight. Not a critical issue (though it did
give me quite a bit of headache earlier today), but figured I should report
it.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Gabe