[Rd] Suggestion: Allow packages to add additional information to sessionInfo()

Kevin R. Coombes krcoombes at mdacc.tmc.edu
Thu Sep 3 19:38:28 CEST 2009

[1] I agree that sessionInfo() can be taken further.
[2] I even more strongly agree that it would be a bad idea to allow
packages to add features that cause the base sessionInfo() function to fail.

Why not add an extra function called something like
"packageSessionInfo()" that would provide the desired hooks but keep
them from breaking the base functionality?

(Of course, this ignores the possibility that someone could create a
package within which they make sessionInfo into a generic and cause
things to break through the S4 class mechanism...)

    Kevin