[Rd] reg-tests-1.R failure with unstable

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Oct 25 19:15:52 CET 2009

I have committed a workaround that works with bsdtar under Snow
Leopard (Mac OS 10.6) for me.

We have seen rather too many problems with incompatibility of tar
formats recently (and it is documented to be ASCII only and has
restrictions to 100 bytes for file paths), so have alternatives under
consideration.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk