[Rd] Rscript not returning zero

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Oct 18 07:22:09 CEST 2009

On Sat, 17 Oct 2009, Rodrigo Flores wrote:

> Hi
> I'm trying to run a R script in a computer grid using the Rscript
> interpreter, but the Rscript is not returning zero (even when the
> scripts processes succesfully) on its exit which causes the scheduler
> to detect an error and not records the output.
> Is there any way to get the Rscript returning zero ?

Have a successful script ....

You have not told us the 'at a minimum' information asked for in the
posting guide, whereas I get (under sh)

sh-3.2$ Rscript -e 'sessionInfo()'
R version 2.9.2 (2009-08-24)

attached base packages:
[1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  base
sh-3.2$ echo $?

so please give a reproducible example of a successful script not
returning zero.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk