[Rd] beta build problem

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Oct 13 17:20:28 CEST 2009

Whatever '/home/paul/Mybin/gtar' is, it is not a tar unpacker so you
will need to specify the TAR environment variable when you configure
R.

'gtar' is very commonly GNU tar (it is on Fedora Linux for example and
on most third-party toolsets for e.g. Solaris and AIX).  It is an
unwise choice of name for a personal script.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk