[Rd] package manual without index? check breaks with - LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.

Robert King Robert.King at newcastle.edu.au
Mon Oct 12 08:07:47 CEST 2009

Hello,

What am I doing wrong about creating an index for my package documentation?

Using 2.9.2, I am checking the gld package.  It reports the following (all
earlier lines OK):

* checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING
LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.
* checking PDF version of manual without index ... ERROR

When I look in the gld.Rcheck directory there is no log file there.

Running pdflatex gld-manual.tex works, though it produces a pdf file without
an index.  The only warnings from pdflatex are about references to functions
in other packages, such as
pdfTeX warning (dest): name{Rfn.optim} has been referenced but does not exist,
and two about loading stuff that R has already loaded earlier
Package hyperref Warning: Option `hyperindex' has already been used,
Package hyperref Warning: Option `pagebackref' has already been used,

Re-running pdflatex generates the index in the pdf file correctly.

Thanks in advance,
Robert King
--
Robert King, Statistics, School of Mathematical & Physical Sciences,
University of Newcastle, Australia (CRICOS Provider Number: 00109J)

 "It might be in the basement,
 I'll go upstairs and check .." Escher