[Rd] Help with OCaml bindings for R interpreter.

Guillaume Yziquel guillaume.yziquel at citycable.ch
Sat Oct 10 21:53:13 CEST 2009

I've made out a Debian package out of Maxence Guesdon's OCaml/R bindings:

The upstream software itself is on the following page:

This binding is dynamically linked to the /usr/lib/R/lib/libR.so and to
the /usr/lib/libRmath.so libraries. Its purpose is to access R
functionalities from OCaml programs.

However, as it now stands, the binding is not fully functional: When an
OCaml program is compiled with this binding, to generate, say,
myprog.byte, it is necessary to run

	R CMD ./myprog.byte

in order for the program to work as expected. I would therefore like to
know how to *completely* embed the R interpreter inside my binding.
Could anyone provide generic information on this topic, or point me to
the right documentation?

All the best,

      Guillaume Yziquel