[Rd] Named backreference in gsub()?

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 16:03:01 CEST 2009

strapply in the gsubfn package matches a regular expression and passes
each back reference as a separate argument to the indicated function,
in this case paste.  Any number of back references may be used.  Here
is an example where there are more than 9:

> # pass each back reference in regular expression to function
> # returning function's output
> library(gsubfn)
> strapply("abcdefghijklmnop", "(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)(.)", paste)
[[1]]
[1] "a b c d e f g h i j"

See home page at: http://gsubfn.googlecode.com