[Rd] Because it's Friday. was creating environments in package's C code

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Sat Oct 3 00:45:11 CEST 2009

      I hope you will forgive a serious comment on this thread, but the
new "sos" package makes "greping through the headers" shockingly easy.
It returns the 'RSiteSearch( ___ , "function")' information in a
data.frame of class "findFn" sorted to put the package with the most
matches first.  Duncan Murdoch wrote a "???" alias for this "findFn"
function.  Union and intersection operators are defined for
"findFn"objects.  The "findFn2xls" function writes an Excel file with
three sheets giving an extended package summary, the matches (including
the URLs), and the call.  An article on this is scheduled to appear in
the next issue of "R Journal" and is available now via vignette('sos').

      This "sos" package is not as good as greping Ripley's frontal
lobe, but it makes it quite easy to do a literature search of all
contributed R packages.

      Spencer