[Rd] [Fwd: opened symbols in libR.so available.]

Guillaume Yziquel guillaume.yziquel at citycable.ch
Sat Nov 28 10:50:57 CET 2009

Hi.

I've patched Dirk Eddelbuettel's Debian package of R, namely r-base, in
order to make hidden symbols of the library libR.so available is now
available:

	http://yziquel.homelinux.org/debian/pool/main/r/r-base/

For instance, the mkPROMISE symbol is available:

> yziquel at seldon:/usr/lib/R/lib$ nm -D libR.so | grep mkPROMISE
> 000000000011f6f0 T Rf_mkPROMISE
> yziquel at seldon:/usr/lib/R/lib$

Instructions for my personal repository are available here:

	http://yziquel.homelinux.org/topos/debian-repository.html

I hope this will be useful to people who wish to develop
things, test things, reverse-engineer things from the libR.so library.

I've been told that there's an interesting scheme, used by r-base-ra, to
make packages coexist with R. As of now, it simply replaces the Debian
version number, currently -1, with the Debian version number -1hackable.

All the best,

--
      Guillaume Yziquel
http://yziquel.homelinux.org/