[Rd] CRAN Server download statistics (Was: R Usage Statistics)

spencerg spencer.graves at prodsyse.com
Tue Nov 24 01:09:01 CET 2009

Beyond what Gabor said, I might download a package that uses "zoo", then
use "zoo" directly in other contexts without ever downloading it
directly.  Total downloads would capture that;  top level downloads
would not.  The flip side is that a package that requires "zoo" may only
use it for features that I don't use.  This would support the use of top
level downloads over total downloads.  Spencer