[Rd] html help in Windows

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Thu Nov 12 02:09:06 CET 2009

On Nov 11, 2009, at 6:54 PM, Fraser Sim wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> Another comment re: html help in Windows. It seems that we've lost the
> functionality of being able to browse the other functions in a
> package. In
> chm, after calling a help function on 'arrayw' in say package
> 'limma' in
> BioC, it was possible to see all of the other functions in the limma
> package. Now it seems we just get a flat html page with no links to
> the
> overall package and no side browsing. Can this be added to html help?

If you scroll down to the bottom of the HTML help page, there is a
link to the package index page.

For example, use ?plot and scroll to the bottom of the page. There
will be a link to the Index page for the graphics package. Click on
that link you will have a page upon which are links to the other
functions in the package.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz