[Rd] parse_Rd and/or lazyload problem

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Mon Nov 2 03:22:23 CET 2009

If of any help, I got a related error message in my browser (Firefox),
from doing this:

1. In .Rprofile I set options(help.ports=6850)

2. I have one "R HELP" session running where I do help.start() so that
I always have one session providing the help pages.  This is to avoid
having to redo help.start() if I restart R etc, which tend to do alot
when I do package development.

3. While installing a package that I develop, I did reload (Ctrl-R)
multiple times on a HTML help page during the process.  This caused
the following message to be display in the browswer:

  Error in tools:::fetchRdDB(RdDB, helpdoc) :
    cannot allocate memory block of size 2.3 Gb

This message remains the same if I do reload.

4. After restarting the "R HELP" session above, the above page is
displayed properly.

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.10.0 Patched (2009-10-26 r50212)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

[1] tools_2.10.0