[Rd] Request: bring back windows chm help support (PR#14034)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sun Nov 1 21:57:10 CET 2009

On 31/10/2009 6:05 PM, alexios at 4dscape.com wrote:
> Full_Name: alex galanos
> Version: 2.10.0
> OS: windows vista
> Submission from: (NULL) (86.11.78.110)
>

> I respectfully request that the chm help support for windows, which was very
> convenient, be reinstated...couldn't an online poll have been conducted to gauge
> the support of this format by window's users?

I don't think it's going to come back, because nobody who knows how to
bring it back wants to take on the work of maintaining it.  However,
what you might want to do is to contact one of the commercial providers
of R, and ask them to reinstate it.  They're much more interested in
market research than R Core is, because their customers pay them for
their product.  They'd probably be happy to sell you an enhanced R
supporting CHM help if they think there's a market for it.

Duncan Murdoch