[Rd] Homotopy package in R - Developmental help needed. Was: RE: [R] newtons method

Ravi Varadhan RVaradhan at jhmi.edu
Thu May 14 16:04:32 CEST 2009

Dear Hans,

Thanks for your interest in homotopy methods.  I have been looking at L.T.
Watson's HOMPACK suite (written in Fortran) for solving nonlinear systems
(finding all the roots).  This is available in netlib, and since it is
written in Fortran, it should be relatively easily interfaceable with R.

http://www.netlib.org/hompack/

I have been meaning to ask for help from the R development group for help
with creating this package, but due to severe time constraints, have not
been able to do that.  But here it is now!  Hence, I am moving this to
r-develop mailing list.

I would love to get help from you and anyone else on translating HOMPACK
into an R package.  If you or anyone else is interested, please send me an
email.

Best,
Ravi.

-------

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, The Center on Aging and Health

Johns Hopkins University

Ph: (410) 502-2619

Fax: (410) 614-9625

Email: rvaradhan at jhmi.edu