[Rd] unsplit list of data.frames with one column

Will Gray w.gray at vanderbilt.edu
Fri May 8 17:09:49 CEST 2009

Perhaps this is the intended behavior, but I discovered that unsplit
throws an error when it tries to set rownames of a variable that has
no dimension.  This occurs when unsplit is passed a list of
data.frames that have only a single column.

An example:

df <- data.frame(letters[seq(25)])
fac <- rep(seq(5), 5)
unsplit(split(df, fac), fac)

For reference, I'm using R version 2.9.0 (2009-04-17), subversion
revision 48333, on Ubuntu 8.10.

--
William H. Gray, III                          Computer Systems Analyst
Biostatistics Shared Resource          Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center