[Rd] Error in FrF2 example on Mac OS

Ulrike Grömping groemp at tfh-berlin.de
Tue Mar 24 09:33:14 CET 2009

Dear all,

I just noticed that the 0.9 update for FrF2 did not work out for Mac OS due
to an error in an example that ran without error on all other platforms. I
do not find any reason for this. In the past, umlauts or tab characters have
sometimes been an issue, but I didn't find any of these. The function
definition is

FrF2(nruns = NULL, nfactors = NULL, factor.names = if (!is.null(nfactors)) {
if (nfactors <= 50) Letters[1:nfactors] else
paste("F", 1:nfactors, sep = "")} else NULL,
default.levels = c(-1, 1), generators = NULL, resolution = NULL,
estimable = NULL, max.nfree2fis = FALSE,
randomize = TRUE, seed = NULL, ...){...}

and the simplest call to this function fails:
FrF2(8,4)
gives the custom error message "nruns must be a power of 2.", which is
generated in the first check within function FrF2:

    if (!is.null(nruns)){
       k <- floor(log2(nruns))
       if (!2^k==nruns) stop("nruns must be a power of 2.")}

Would the Mac (different from all other systems) require FrF2(nruns=8,
nfactors=4) ? Or what else could be the issue here ?

Thanks for any pointers!

Regards, Ulrike