[Rd] dger_ in BLAS definition

Christophe Dutang dutangc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 23:23:10 CET 2009

Yes x and y arguments are unchanged on exit, cf. http://www.mathkeisan.com/UsersGuide/man/dger.html

This is the work of the R core team to update those files, but I fear
there are other functions which are not well declared.

Will you agree to take a look at the BLAS.h file? It will be very
useful if you have time to do it.

(A year ago, I check the lapack.h and there was some wrong
declarations like zgecon function.)

Christophe

Le 10 mars 09 à 22:49, Andrew Redd a écrit :

> I'm developing some software and running into compiling warning:
> conditionals.c:104: warning: passing argument 4 of 'dger_' discards
> qualifiers from pointer target type
> conditionals.c:104: warning: passing argument 6 of 'dger_' discards
> qualifiers from pointer target type
>
> the netlib documentation states that the arguments x and y should be
> unchanged on exit.  Should should imply the defintion:
>
> F77_NAME(dger)(const int * const m, const int * const n, const
> double *
> const alpha,
>           double const * const x, const int *const incx,
>           double const * const y, const int *const incy,
>           double * const a, const int * const lda);
>
> the current definition is missing the appropriate consts:
> F77_NAME(dger)(const int *m, const int *n, const double *alpha,
>           double *x, const int *incx,
>           double *y, const int *incy,
>           double *a, const int *lda);
>
> I don't want my code compiling with warnings that shouldn't be
> there.  Are
> there suggestions of how to work around this?
>
> Thanks
>
> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Christophe Dutang
Ph. D. student at ISFA, Lyon, France