[Rd] r-devel tarball build failure on windows

Hiroyuki Kawakatsu hkawakat at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 08:51:42 CET 2009

Hi,

On my windows (xp) machine with Rtools29 (excluding cygwin dlls as I
have cygwin on my path) -make all recommended- for the latest R-devel
tarball (svn revision: 48093) fails when trying to build the
recommended packages:

--- Making recommended packages

----- installing recommended package KernSmooth
Warning: invalid package 'KernSmooth.tgz'
Error: ERROR: no packages specified
make[1]: *** [KernSmooth.ts] Error 1
make: *** [recommended] Error 2

Looking at R_HOME/src/library/Recommended shows that none of the
timestamp files .ts are generated(?) in that directory. If I manually
create the empty timestamp files, build completes but -make check-
failed. I suspect something with my build tools is not right but what
could that be?

h.
--
+---