[Rd] Package issue

Terry Therneau therneau at mayo.edu
Mon Mar 9 19:32:43 CET 2009

Duncan,
  When
   The generic solve method has "(a, b, ...)"
   I have "solve.gchol(a, b, full=TRUE, ...)"

I was assuming that I would still get an error from CMD check.  These are the
ones that I argued as "unavoidable".
But... I just checked, and none of those were the squawkers, only the few where
I negelected to put the ... in my function.
  So I stand corrected again. Your argument for inclusion of ... when the
generic contains it is persuasive.

  Undocumented objects: I have messages about %*%, ], dim, dimnames, and diag;
all of which did not have optional arguments.  I wrote manual pages for those
generics that did, like solve, but see less use for those that don't.   I could
add them to the class definition page though.

  Again, thanks to all for their help.

  	Terry T.