[Rd] documentation questions

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 5 14:30:38 CET 2009

I read

> For printing \dontrun should be a no-op.

to mean that it should produce no output, but I suspect you meant you
wanted it to pass its argument through verbatim.

If we were continuing with the Rdconv.pm I would be suggesting adding
some markup for that job (e.g. \verbdontrun), but as we are
transitioning to another system adding anything right now is a lot of
extra work.

To change Rdconv.pm for latex, the line is (in code2latex, l.2639 in
R-devel)

     $text = replace_addnl_command($text, "dontrun",
 				  "## Not run: ", "## End(Not run)");

and AFAICS it would need to be

     $text = undefine_command($text, "dontrun");

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Terry Therneau wrote:

> You've answered my question 2 about why the manual was in odd order
>> R CMD check was more of a check of the latex version of the files, not
>> the final manual.
>
> I was looking at the result of R CMD check, and it was in random order
> (perhaps file date?), not just a different collation choice. Very odd.
> I will cease worrying about what I might have "done wrong".
>
> I omitted the important version information: R version 2.7.1 (2008-06-23)
> on Linux.

Looking more closely, it all depends how Perl lists directories: that
could be in almost any order but I am seeing collated orders.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk