[Rd] Rd: pdf manual: package information not on first page

Thorn Thaler thothal at sbox.tugraz.at
Thu Jun 25 19:12:12 CEST 2009

Hi everybody,

currently I'm working on two packages, where I've included a
<package-name>-package.Rd documentation file (with \docType set to
"package") in each case. When I run "R CMD check" everything works fine,
and a call to "R CMD install" generates the appropriate html, text and
pdf documentation.

While the package documentation (generated from
<package-name>-package.Rd) for one of the packages is on the first page
in the pdf manual, it is on the last page for the other package. It
seems not to have to do with the alphabetical order, for there are
documentated function in both packages starting with a letter prior to
the first letter of the package name.

So my question is, if there is any possibility to get the package
documentation on the first page?

Best regards,

Thorn Thaler