[Rd] compile and install R @ one user defined directory? (PR#13779)

xwu at epsilon.com xwu at epsilon.com
Wed Jun 24 17:10:11 CEST 2009

Dear Helper,

Under UNIX "Solaris 10 3/05 s10_74L2a SPARC" and with following "R Installa=
tion and Administration" @ http://cran.r-project.org/,

First, I unzipped the unix version winzip source code R-2.9.0.tar.gz  using=
 following commands at my own dir:

              /home/xwu/R1>gzip -dc R-2.9.0.tar.gz | tar xvf -
             (a subdir  /home/xwu/R1R-2.9.0/ was created successfully under=
 /home/xwu/R1)

Then I go to /home/xwu/R1/R-2.9.0 to compilation and installation using fol=
lowing command:

            /home/xwu/R1/R-2.9.0> ./configure --prefix=3D/home/xwu/R1/R-2.9=
.0

The error comes:
        configure: error: --with-readline=3Dyes (default) and headers/libs =
are not available

is there something error? or should I add more env shell variable? or shoul=
d I continue to move on by typing?

    make prefix=3D/home/xwu/R1/R-2.9.0       install

Thanks,

Xuanfu

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intende=
d solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is add=
ressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent res=
ponsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified t=
hat any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is str=
ictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise=
 have reason to believe that you received this message in error, please imm=
ediately notify sender by e-mail, and destroy the original message. Thank Y=
ou.