[Rd] R-project mailing lists (and SVN) - timeout Sunday 21 June

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Sat Jun 20 14:31:35 CEST 2009

Dear R users,

unfortunately, tomorrow Sunday will be a longish timeout
of our mail services, notably affecting the
R-<foo> and R-SIG-<bar> mailing lists @r-project.org , i.e.,
hosted by the Stats / Math Department of ETH, stat.math.ethz.ch.

Note that also the svn.r-project.org will suffer from the
timeout.
This should be a  "once in 8 years" event, hopefully, and we are
sorry for any inconvenience.

Well, enjoy Sunday off-work :-)

----------------------------------official-text ------------------

There will be upcoming maintenance work of the central computer services
in our server room :

		Sunday, 21st June, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (MEST = GMT+2)

During this time, we have to switch off all of our servers since the main
power supply will be turned off.
Services like email or web will be down.

This interrupt will probably take less than 8 hours. Please check the website

		http://www.math.ethz.ch

As soon as this site is up again, all the servers and dervices should
be back online (within a small delay).