[Rd] validObject throws non-caught error when slot doesn't exist

John Chambers jmc at r-project.org
Fri Jun 19 16:15:28 CEST 2009

Patrick,

Thanks for the bug report and the proposed patch.

There are some related ways that validObject can fail (e.g., if the
revised class definition extends one of the object types or if the
object is an S3 object), so the patch needs to be a little more general,
but I will commit something to the 2.10 development version and send mail).

John