[Rd] bundle deprecation

Robin Hankin rksh1 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 12 15:36:52 CEST 2009

Hi

I read that bundles are to be deprecated in 2.10.

The BACCO bundle contains three packages
(emulator, calibrator, approximator) which I
am happy to unbundle.

But the 'BACCO' moniker has some considerable
cachet for me in terms of recognizability (eg
with grant-giving bodies), as it has become an umbrella
term for a whole bunch of related statistical
functionality of which the three packages are examples.

I make heavy use of the word "BACCO" in my publications.

If bundles were to be supported indefinitely, I
would add further packages to the BACCO
bundle from time to time and their relationship
with the other packages would be clear.

What is the best way to preserve the 'BACCO'
name in a non-bundled world?

Perhaps adding a 'FormerBundle' line in the DESCRIPTION file?

best wishes

Robin

--
Robin K. S. Hankin