[Rd] Semi-automated testing of function with GUI-inputs?

Ulrike Grömping groemp at tfh-berlin.de
Thu Jul 16 15:01:16 CEST 2009

Dear DevelopeRs,

I have written a version of function fix for my class design (data frame
with attributes) that is supposed to allow users to type in some additional
variables, while preserving the attributes, as long as no forbidden edits
(like changes to the experimental factors) are done.

It is quite nasty that currently any checking of this function requires that
I sit down and - for each relevant scenario - type in something that I think
a user might type and then see what happens. Doing that once is fine, but
for any substantial change do it again etc. ... It would be fine to manually
run a test battery that has been automatically created (by stored key
inputs? what else?). Is there any way to at least partly automate such a
test process ? Or is that asking for a miracle ?

Regards, Ulrike