[Rd] feature request Windows: open .R script with Rgui.exe from Explorer (PR#13808)

f.papenmeier at iwm-kmrc.de f.papenmeier at iwm-kmrc.de
Mon Jul 6 12:50:08 CEST 2009

Full_Name: Frank Papenmeier
Version: 2.9.1
OS: Windows Vista
Submission from: (NULL) (134.2.190.254)

Hi,

is it possible to modify Rgui.exe in order to allow the following behavior:

Double-click in Windows explorer on fooscript.R will open an instance of
Rgui.exe with the script being opened as well as the working directory being set
to the directory of fooscript.R

Currently, one has to open Rgui.exe, select "open script", select the script,
and change the working directory to the script location afterwards.

(BTW: In R 2.8.1 one could open the script by selecting the File->"open script"
menu and afterwards one had to select File->"change directory" and it would
instantly suggest the directory of the R script. Now (with R 2.9.1) it shows the
Documents directoy after selecting File->"change directory", again. This is very
annoying as I need to click through all my folders twice. That is why I would
very much appreciate a possibility of directly opening a R script and changing
the working directory from the Windows explorer.)

Thanks!