[Rd] Speed up code, profiling, optimization, lapply vs. loops

Roger Peng rdpeng at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 22:42:21 CEST 2009

My advice would be to use the profiler 'Rprof()' --- you may find that
the loop is not really the problem. In my experience, there's
relatively little difference between 'lapply' and a 'for' loop,
although 'lapply' can be faster at times.

-roger

Roger D. Peng  |  http://www.biostat.jhsph.edu/~rpeng/