[Rd] OOP performance, was: V2.9.0 changes [SEC=Unclassified]

Troy Robertson Troy.Robertson at aad.gov.au
Fri Jul 3 02:56:20 CEST 2009

Hi Gabor,

Look, I agree with you about S3 and have at times wished I had chosen that path rather than S4.  It seems to do the things I struggle to find answers for with S4.  But..., knowing little about R before engaging with this project, I decided to go with the latest OO framework, S4.  I do now find that I am undoing some of it, such as the use of data member slots, in order to implement pass-by-ref via environments and improve performance.  But its all a learning experience.

Troy

    Australian Antarctic Division - Commonwealth of Australia
IMPORTANT: This transmission is intended for the addressee only. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that use or dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited by Commonwealth law. If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephoning +61 3 6232 3209 and
DELETE the message.
        Visit our web site at http://www.antarctica.gov.au/