[Rd] Side-effects of require() vs library() on x86_64 aka amd64

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat Jan 31 17:15:40 CET 2009

Hi Peter,

On 31 January 2009 at 16:55, Peter Dalgaard wrote:
| Not really (and you know where to find the sources...).

Yes, and I had dug through that in the past for littler and other embedding
work.  I was just wondering if I had missed any documentation, besides the
few lines about --slave from the help page, --help switch and intro manual.

| But sometimes it
| only takes one memory allocation more or less to shift the effect of a
| memory bug to a completely different point in space an time.

That seems to have been the case. It also didn't help that x86 didn't trigger
it, or I would have noticed sooner after my 0.1.0 release.  Building on
different architectures help shaking these things out.

Dirk