[Rd] Automatic shortening of text to fit into area

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Jan 25 08:06:25 CET 2009

Almost all devices do support clipping, so this is  rather a minority
interest.

The person who AFAIK worte that comment and designed the clipping in
the engine is Paul Murrell.  He has been on summer vacation, but it
looks like he has just returned.  I suggest contacting him directly if
he does nto respond to these postings.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk