[Rd] can't get names of R_env

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jan 5 11:35:11 CET 2009

You will have to read more carefully: an ENVSXP is nothing like a VECSXP,
and does not have the names of its entries in a names attribute.

You access variables in an environment via findVar() and friends,
including findVarInFrame: see 'Writing R Extensions'.

On Mon, 5 Jan 2009, torpedo fisken wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm quite knew in R, so I might not have the R specific jargon.
>
> But here is my problem,
> I'm trying to access and use variabels given by a function environment,
> more specifically the rho in do_optim in src/main/optim.c

Very likely this is not the way to do whatever it is that you really want
to do.