[Rd] plot.lm: "Cook's distance" label can overplot point labels

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 20 10:32:15 CET 2009

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009, John Fox wrote:

> Dear John and Brian,
>
> My point about colour-blindness was partly tongue-in-cheek, but I think that
> it's a bad choice to have the second and third colours in the default
> palette as red and green.

Looking at the standard palette with dichromat::dichromat() it seems that it depends on which flavour of red-green anomaly you have. For deuteranopia the red and green are quite close. For protanopia they are pretty distinct and the confusion is between colours 3 and 7 (yellow vs green) and between 4 and 6 (blue and magenta).

I agree that the standard palette isn't ideal, though.

      -thomas