[Rd] plot.lm: "Cook's distance" label can overplot point labels

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Feb 19 07:58:14 CET 2009

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009, John Fox wrote:

> Dear John,

Or using a black-and-white device.  We have not hitherto assumed a
colour device in 'stats' graphics, and given how often they are
printed I don't think we want to start.

As so often, it seems that what looks good is in the eye of the
beholder.  If the two of you can agree on something that you both see
is a definite improvement, please provide a patch and examples to try
to persuade everyone else.  (As a Wishlist item on R-bugs, so it gets
recorded.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk