[Rd] Use of cfortran.h?

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 6 23:45:34 CET 2009

All you need to do is to write a fortran-callable wrapper for a C
interface: there are F77_* macros to allow this.  They do not work on
every possible platform, but they work on the platforms R runs on
(since building R relies on them).

E.g. intpr (a call to R's print routines from Fortran) provides a good
prototype.  It is in src/main/xxxpr.f an print.c (it would be simpler
if Fortran character types were not involved).

I don't suppose you are comtemplating complex variables, but if you
were, a great deal of care is needed in the C/Fortran interfaces.