[Rd] "open-ended" plot limits?

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Thu Feb 5 22:15:28 CET 2009

I use range( 0, y ) rather than c(0, max(y)), that way if there are any y values less than 0, the limits still include them (and it is slightly shorter :-).

This also extends to cases where you may know that you will be adding additional data using points or lines, so you can do ylim=range(0, y1, y2, y3) and it will give enough room to add the other y variables in latter.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center