[Rd] Getting 'LinkingTo' to find the right library

Setzer.Woodrow at epamail.epa.gov Setzer.Woodrow at epamail.epa.gov
Mon Feb 2 22:56:57 CET 2009

(I just realized that when "they" upgraded my mail program, "they" reset
my preferences to send html and text for internet mail.  I have fixed
the preferences to text only, and apologize).
Well, where would I get the idea it was NOT reading .Rprofile, since it
clearly IS reading Rprofile.site?  However, I mainly thought that the
library being installed to would be used to find the dependent package,
because of this bug fix entry for version 2.7.2:
o The use of multiple packages in 'LinkingTo' works again, and
            now works when the dependent packages are in the library to
be
            installed to (but not in the library path seen by R
--vanilla).

Also, in this paragraph from the INSTALL help item:

     To install into the library tree 'lib', use 'R CMD INSTALL -l lib
     pkgs'.  This prepends 'lib' to 'R_LIBS' for duration of the
     install, so required packages in the installation directory will
     be found (and used in preference to those in other libraries).

Setting R_LIBS works (I DID try this before, but must have fumbled
something).

R. Woodrow Setzer, Ph. D.
National Center for Computational Toxicology
http://www.epa.gov/comptox
US Environmental Protection Agency
Mail Drop B205-01/US EPA/RTP, NC 27711
Ph: (919) 541-0128    Fax: (919) 541-1194).

Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote on 02/02/2009 04:22:52
PM: