[Rd] Problem compiling R library on FC4 ( conflicting declaration in Rinterface.h and stdint.h)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 27 08:01:04 CET 2009

On Sat, 26 Dec 2009, Marc Schwartz wrote:

> FC4?  Really?

That was my reaction, but I think there may be another problem.  The
subject line said 'R library', the body said 'The package'.  What are
we talking about here?  Rinterface.h is intended for alternative
front-ends (see the comments in the file), and there ought to be a
configure script in such front-ends, defining e.g. HAVE_UINTPTR_T.

We were not told the version of R: maybe that is equally old?

> That has not been supported in over 3 years.
>
> The only versions of Fedora currently supported are 11 and 12. You need to
> get that machine updated.
>
> My vague recollection was that there were a variety of fortran compiler
> issues around that time (circa 2005/2006) with FC4, though I could not locate
> anything specific regarding the error message you are observing.

(S)he is using C++.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk