[Rd] A package for visualizing R syntax

Sylvain Loiseau sylvain.loiseau at unicaen.fr
Wed Dec 23 20:20:48 CET 2009

Dear all,

I have written a small set of functions for drawing graphical representations of R objects and evaluations of R expressions.

It is mainly intended for pedagogical purposes. Here are some samples:

http://panini.u-paris10.fr/~sloiseau/sampleGraphics.pdf

The idea is to use some graphical conventions in order to make clear the abstract syntax and to explain function, extraction, recycling, type conversion, properties of data structures, etc.

I would be very interested in your reactions and comments. I'm wondering if it may become a R package. Does something like this already exist? May it be useful? What improvement may be planned? Have you some idea for the name of such a package (visualR, seeR... ?)

Best regards,
Sylvain
--
Sylvain Loiseau
sylvain.loiseau at unicaen.fr

Université de Caen Basse Normandie
Maison de la Recherche en Sciences Humaines
MRSH - SH018
Esplanade de la Paix
Campus 1
14032 Caen Cedex