[Rd] R GUI editor window - help field does not return the help topic (PR#14146)

y_alperovych at yahoo.fr y_alperovych at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 15 19:40:15 CET 2009

Full_Name: Yan Alperovych
Version: R 2.10.1, GUI 1.31
OS: Mac OS 10.6.2
Submission from: (NULL) (139.165.27.244)

Hello everyone,

I am not sure if I am at the right place to put this question, so don't hesitate
to redirect me to the correct mailing list. My question is about the editor
window under the R GUI on Mac OS 10.6.2. Before the upgrade to R 2.10.1 with GUI
1.31, I was able to call for the help topics from the spotlight-like help field
in the upper right corner of the editor window. Now it only returns me a blank
box, which still slides as before, but the help content is missing. Is this a
frequent problem or is it related to my specific computer? And if it's a general
issue, is there some solution please?

Thank you for the replies or possible indications on where can I find more
hints.

Yan ALPEROVYCH
Financial Management, FRFC-FNRS Fellow
HEC-ULg Management School