[Rd] Online help for text() wrong for 'pos' argument. (PR#14136)

mg10 at sanger.ac.uk mg10 at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Dec 14 12:05:10 CET 2009

--------------000902010602030404010803

Hello

Please find bug report attached.

Thanks

Matthew

--
Matthew Gillman
Team 105: Variation Informatics
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SA, UK
Tel: 01223 834244 Ext. 4922

--------------000902010602030404010803

Hello

I believe the help for the 'text' function (which places text on graphs)
is wrong, specifically for the 'pos' variable. I did some tests to place
some text,

e.g. text(2000, -3, "This is a test at (2000, -3)", cex = 0.5, srt=90, pos=4)

With no pos, the (vertical) text was centred at the specified co-ordinates.
When pos=1, it was to the right
pos=2 -> below
pos=3 -> left
pos=4 -> above and to the right.

This disagrees with what the online help says:
"Values of '1', '2', '3' and '4', respectively indicate positions
below, to the left of, above and to the right of the specified coordinates."

Thanks

Matthew Gillman
mg10 _at_ sanger _dot_ ac _dot_ uk

--please do not edit the information below--

Version:
 platform = x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
 arch = x86_64
 os = linux-gnu
 system = x86_64, linux-gnu
 status =
 major = 2
 minor = 9.0
 year = 2009
 month = 04
 day = 17
 svn rev = 48333
 language = R
 version.string = R version 2.9.0 (2009-04-17)

Locale:

Search Path:
 .GlobalEnv, package:stats, package:graphics, package:grDevices, package:utils, package:datasets, package:methods, Autoloads, package:base

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.9.0 (2009-04-17)
x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

locale: