[Rd] R command line behaving funny

Yohan Chalabi chalabi at phys.ethz.ch
Wed Aug 26 07:53:44 CEST 2009

   AB> Hi
   AB>
   AB> I am unable to try out examples from the Rmetrics Ebook from
   AB> the R command
   AB> prompt. Below is an example of what happens:
   AB>
   AB> > Covariance<-cov(SWX.RET)
   AB> Error in cov.timeSeries(SWX.RET) :
   AB> no slot of name Data for this object of class timeSeries
   AB>
   AB> I have loaded Rmetrics and fPortfolio using the library function
   AB> but still I
   AB> get these errors.

Hi Abhijit,

It looks like you are using an old version of timeSeries. Please update
your packages as described in the preface of the ebook.

Please note that R devel mailing list is not the right list to post
questions regarding the ebook. You should rather send them to
ebooks_at_rmetrics.org .

Regards,
Yohan

--